Years ago I read a story about a little girl who insisted that she had lived in a place other than her own home – as another little girl with a different name. Never giving up her belief, her parents decided to investigate.
According to reincarnation theory, one soul dies, enters another state of being, and then is reborn into another body of the soul's choosing – when the soul is ready to accept the new body. So why not choose a family member?
A little boy named Sidney* has always called his stuffed animals Jackson*. He even calls himself Jackson when he plays various games. If you ask him why he likes the name Jackson, he will tell you he just does. Unbeknown to Sidney, long before Sidney was born, a cousin by the name of Jackson had been born.
Jackson led a troubled life. His father treated Jackson sadistically, and the father's consistent humiliation of Jackson caused Jackson to become one of those troubled individuals who others felt was destined for failure or a life of crime.
Jackson's mind warped under the pressure of his father's incessant cruel treatment. He was put on medication, but when he felt he no longer needed the medication, his mental aberrations kicked into gear. When Jackson became an adult, he killed a man for reasons that made sense to no one. And when the police finally found him, they ambushed the hotel room where he was staying and, after a showdown, killed him. Some family members considered the murder to be a mercy killing for the tortured soul, and they wondered how his father reacted to the death of the troubled son he created, but the father never showed any remorse.
Though these two people were both male, according to reincarnation theory, people don't always come back as the same sex they were in their previous lives. Souls want to experience life in ways that will advance their spiritual journey. Perhaps as we die, we examine the life we just lived, judge ourselves, and decide which lessons we need to learn. Who is to say we don't choose to come back on the anniversary of the death of another relative or treasured friend?
A man I know was born on the same date (decades later) that his great great aunt died. He bears some of her characteristics. She was always very prim and proper in her appearance and in her gait, and she was fastidious when it came to keeping her home in order. He walks straight and tall and takes great care of himself, his home, and his possessions.
He may have come back as a male to learn different lessons, and chose to be born into the family of the descendants he, as the great great aunt, once loved, but, like most people, if he truly was reincarnated as his great great aunt, he has no memory of his previous existence. Apparently, if reincarnation truly exists, some cosmic reason also exists to explain why no reincarnated soul remembers his previous existence.
Having written that, I must also relate that advances in parapsychology have caused some parapsychologists to believe that as our souls progress so too does our ability to remember our previous existences. Through regression therapy, we can tap into realms of universal knowledge. And in dreams we might find remnants of our former lives.
If the prediction that we use only 10% of our brain is true, might we possibly be storing previous lives in the other 90%, information we can access through dreams, meditation, or therapy?
Perhaps some day or maybe even as I write this, some paranormal research facility is investigating the theory that children born on the same date that relatives or friends died, might be the reincarnated souls of deceased ancestors who died on their birth date. The world seen and unseen, heard and unheard, is filled with limitless possibilities.
Want to read more from this author? Please visit my Gallery of Posts, and THANK YOU for visiting.